Sunday, February 17, 2008

(Study)abroad can limit adventuring

I spent that last week at my desk trying to catch up on schoolwork after last weekend in Amsterdam. I’m on my way to being caught up, but I keep getting so distracted. It’s hard to sit here and be motivated to study when there is so much to see and explore. I am usually on top of my time management, but I have zero will power when so many adventures are possible here.

I had a pretty good weekend in Brussels going out and playing tourist. Saturday I took the day for myself and wondered around all the National monuments and the fine arts museum. The sun is spoiling us. I found a funny little garden and plopped down with an apple and my notebook. I have the best time simply watching people in this foreign atmosphere. Sometimes I am shameless as I describe them, but it’s just a lesson in observation. Today I went to the market and picked up a few fun things for my wardrobe and stomach. I was so much more comfortable going back the second time. Simply walking through the massive market looking at food and truly random merchandise just puts me in a good place.

Smiles peace and love,
Amanda Mar

No comments: